We are pleased that you selected this course to fulfill your unique educational needs. You are now a member of the Mizzou Academy's global student body.
World History provides insights into our cultural origins, as well as cultures with which we might be less familiar. World History embraces all humanity, not just certain nations, ethnic groups, or civilizations. It allows us to understand our past, which in turn allows us to understand our present. In this course, you will examine the development of ancient civilizations, as well as how these civilizations have contributed to today's world.
No textbook is needed for this course. A headset may be beneficial when watching videos.
You are required to take two exams for this course.
Your final grade will be based on the number of points you earn on assignments and exams. Points are earned in the following manner:
|Writing Assignments||30 points|
|Total Points Possible||185|
The following grading scale applies to this course:
After completing the course, unofficial transcripts will be available in the Tiger Portal. See this page for information on requesting official transcripts.
Canvas and Technical Support - middle school
Canvas is the where course content, grades, and communication will reside for this course.
- This course is mobile-friendly. Download the mobile apps on your iOS, Android device.
- Getting Started with Canvas
- View the Getting Started Canvas Guides.
- For Canvas, Passwords, or any other computer-related technical support create a ticket in Canvas or contact Mizzou Academy Support.
- How to Get Help in Canvas
- Mizzou Academy Support Phone: +1 855 256-4975
- Tiger Portal login - http://mizzouk12.missouri.edu (Links to an external site.)
- Mizzou Academy Email - email@example.com
The syllabus page shows a table-oriented view of the course schedule, and the basics of course grading. You can add any other comments, notes, or thoughts you have about the course structure, course policies or anything else.
To add some comments, click the "Edit" link at the top.